Train service
No publicly available departure data for this station.
Location
History
Shimodaira Station opened on 13 March 1923 as Shimodaira Halt on the Ina Electric Railway, in what is now the town of Takamori, Nagano Prefecture. On 1 August 1943 the Ina Electric Railway was nationalised as part of the Iida Line and the halt was upgraded to a full station. Until 1954 only passengers traveling between specific Tōkaidō, Iida and Chūō Main Line stations and Matsumoto could use Shimodaira; that restriction was widened in December 1954 and abolished entirely on 1 April 1971. The station was de-staffed on 1 December 1971 and passed to JR Central at the 1 April 1987 dissolution of JNR. The single ground-level side platform serves one bi-directional track with only a waiting room.
Sources
Last updated: 2026-05-18