Train service
No publicly available departure data for this station.
Location
History
Kōshunai Station has its roots in the Kōshu signal post, opened on 1920-09-11 as a temporary facility while the Iwamizawa–Takikawa stretch of the Hakodate Main Line was double-tracked. The post was renamed Kōshu signal station in 1922 and closed when the work finished on 1924-06-01. A provisional Kōshunai halt opened on 1948-11-05 and was promoted to a regular station — Kōshunai — on 1952-04-10. The original timber building has stood since, though with some later modifications. Parcels ended in October 1978, and the last staff left on 1997-12-19 after a period of simple commissioning. JR Hokkaido inherited the station in 1987. Station numbers were introduced in October 2007 and Kitaca IC card service began on 2024-03-16.
Notes
The 29.2 km stretch of Route 12 from the Kōshunai overpass next to the station to the Route 38 junction in Takikawa is Japan's longest straight section of road.
Sources
Last updated: 2026-05-22