Train service
No publicly available departure data for this station.
Location
History
Harano Station opened on 21 April 1955 on the Chūō Main Line in what is now the town of Kiso, Nagano Prefecture, as a JNR infill stop between Miyanokoshi and Kiso-Fukushima. Crossing-loop facilities were added on 30 March 1959. The station became a contracted-operation stop on 26 February 1982, lost parcel-handling on 1 February 1984, and was fully destaffed on 1 October 1984. With the privatisation of Japanese National Railways on 1 April 1987 it passed to JR Central. The station has two opposed side platforms that are not connected within the station: passengers wishing to change platforms must exit, cross a public overpass, and re-enter from the other side.
Notes
The station is the closest to the marker stone identifying the geographic midpoint of the historic Nakasendō highway, located about 100 metres from the entrance.
Sources
Last updated: 2026-05-18